Scott’s Run 2018
Lace up those shoes and run to support the work of Catholic Charities Atlanta!
Scott’s Run began in honor of Scott Starratt, a Marietta native, and officer of the INS (now called Immigration and Customs Enforcement). He stood out among his peers for his kindness and compassion for foreign children who ended up in detention. Scott passed away in an automobile accident in 2001, and his colleagues established this annual event with Catholic Charities Atlanta to support individuals and families in need. All race proceeds go directly benefit to Catholic Charities Atlanta’s Immigration Legal Services Program.
About CCA’S Immigration Legal Services:
In addition to a myriad of social services, Catholic Charities Atlanta (CCA) provides low-cost, quality legal immigration services to more than 6,000 clients annually. A multi-lingual staff specializing in immigration law provides comprehensive immigration legal services to help eligible individuals and families obtain their permanent legal status, assist clients with the naturalization process, and provide legal representation during deportation proceedings. CCA specializes in assisting survivors of domestic violence, abandoned or neglected foreign children, detained clients, and victims of trafficking and crimes.
September 29, 2018
Historic Fourth Ward Park (near Ponce City Market & Atlanta Beltline)
• Fun Run begins at 7:15am
• 5K Race begins at 8:00am
• Scott’s Run will gather in the South end of Historic Fourth Ward Park (intersection of Garden Park Dr and Ralph McGill Blvd) before making way to the start line at the intersection of Rankin St and Garden Park Drive.
Entry Fee & Registration:
Early Bird through August 30th!
• Timed Race: Early-Bird Registration is $35 from July 2nd- August 30th; $40 after August 30th.
• Untimed Race: Early-Bird Registration is $25 from July 2nd- August 30th; $30 after August 30th
• Phantom Runner: $30 per person (Phantom runners make a donation to support Scott’s Run, but are unable to attend the race)
• Fun Run Registration: $20 per person
Early Packet Pickup:
• Race Day packet and pick-up will be available at Phidippides (Ansley Mall) September 22nd and 24th-27th (10-6)
• Check-in, race-number pick-up and walk-in registration will also be available race day at 7:00am
• Awards: Overall M & F; 1st & 2nd Place in age groups: 11-14; 15-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50+