Please visit us weekly for updates and changes in services.
We are praying for the health of our community and nation. Please pray for our staff as we continue to serve those who need our help.
How we are Serving Our Clients
We are continuing to conduct our important work by serving our clients remotely through email, phone and teleconference calls.
- Resources and Assistance, you can call United Way 211 or visit their website at http://211online.unitedwayatlanta.org/ You can also email us at email@example.com.
- Public Benefits (Food Security) – Through a grant provided by the Walmart Foundation, we help individuals apply for The Food Stamps Program, or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). This program helps households that have limited income and resources to pay for the cost of food. A single individual, families, and individuals living together are eligible to receive food stamps if they meet certain requirements. We screen for eligibility and assist with the application for these public benefits.If you have questions about eligibility go to ga.gov. (Verification documents and case status info for all benefits [food stamps, Medicaid and TANF is available here.) Existing clients can continue to receive services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Veterans – Veterans seeking assistance should call 770-790-3119, and our staff will help you navigate available resources.
- Mental Health Counseling – We continue to work with current clients. Our ability to accept new clients is limited at this time. If you would like to be on our wait list, please call 404-920-7745.
- Housing Counseling – We continue to work with existing clients. If you need assistance with foreclosure prevention, please call 770-790-3112.
- Refugee Resettlement – We are working with our clients to help them understand COVID-19 and the precautions they need to take to keep their family and neighbors safe. We are assisting parents with how to manage virtual learning for their children and providing supplemental education material. We are providing job placement services and assistance for individuals who have lost their jobs due to shutdowns.
- English Language and Civics Classes – We are currently providing classes online for the Fall semester. To be on the wait list for next semester, please call 770-790-3104.
- Immigration Legal Services – We continue to serve existing clients. Our ability to accept new clients is limited at this time. If you would like to be on our wait list, please call If you 678-222-3920. We are happy to speak with you about your family petition, naturalization application, or if you have been the victim of a crime. Unfortunately, we are unable to take any asylum cases, immigration court cases, or cases of minors.
How you Can Help:
Donate Gift Cards
COVID-19 is causing a financial disruption with our families. You can help these families bridge the gap of lost income during this financial crisis by donating gifts cards that they can use for groceries, essentials, and gas.
Please send $25 gift card donations for groceries (Kroger, Walmart, and Target) or for gas. Once we receive the cards, we can mail directly to those struggling while at the same time limiting contact. All donated cards can be mailed to the address below:
Catholic Charities Atlanta
Attn: Mission Advancement
2401 Lake Park Drive, SE
Smyrna, GA 30080
What if your everyday purchases could benefit Catholic Charities Atlanta? With Amazon Smile, they can! Go to this link & sign in to your Amazon account: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/58-1097003
You will be automatically linked with Catholic Charities Atlanta. A percentage of any shopping that you do will go directly to support the programs and services that we provide to nearly 13,000 individuals and families in need each year.
Catholic Charities Atlanta is part of the Kroger Community Rewards Program. Kroger gives back to the community via this great program. To get started, you must sign up with your Kroger Plus Card. Select CCA as the organization you wish to support, and once you’re enrolled, you will earn rewards for CCA every time you shop and use your Plus Card!
Register online at krogercommunityrewards.com. Our NPO number is 54963.
Make a Financial Donation
We have seen a surge of individuals needing assistance as the crisis continues to unfold. Many of our clients have already lost their jobs. These clients were hourly employees and are living paycheck to paycheck. So without a steady income, they will not be able to pay their rent or put food on the table.
Support CCA now by making a donation. Every dollar donated goes to help our local neighbors in need.
Please help us address these emergency needs, please support CCA by clicking on the button below and making a gift today. You can note in the comment field “COVID-19 Response.”
Taking Care of Your Emotional Health:
- View information from CDC on self-care HERE
Random Acts Of Kindness Ideas During the Outbreak
Preventing the Spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 in Homes and Residential Communities
How to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
What to do if you think you were exposed to someone with COVID-19
Finally, if you are feeling symptoms, please contact Georgia’s COVID-19 hotline, 844-442-2681 or screening number at your local hospital.