The Mission Statement for Catholic Charities Atlanta is to provide professional therapeutic and community services that move people to self sufficiency and wholeness.
We are a ministry, rooted in the gospel, and we value:
- The dignity and uniqueness of each person.
- Compassionate service.
- Advocating for social justice.
- A partnership with the community, including the Archdiocese and its parishes.
Catholic Charities Atlanta is an advocate and friend for individuals and families facing adversity. We provide a holistic combination of accredited social services − life skills education, counseling, family stabilization, and immigration legal services − that remove barriers to self-sufficiency and wholeness. Our services are tailored for the unique circumstances of the people we serve, and our impact is real and measurable. We are faith-based and serve our neighbors professionally, compassionately, in multiple languages and regardless of background.
The Vision Statement for Catholic Charities Atlanta is that individuals and families in central and north Georgia will achieve their full potential.
Catholic Charities Atlanta is a ministry, rooted in the Gospel, that serves as an advocate and friend for people facing adversity. We work with individuals and families – without regard to background or faith – as they achieve self-sufficiency.
Under our service philosophy, “S.O.A.R.,” we help clients:
- build and/or strengthen needed skills;
- identify and take advantage of available opportunities;
- address issues that may be obstacles to accessing the services they need; and,
- locate and utilize available community resources.
We deliver a unique, holistic combination of accredited life-skills education, counseling, family stabilization, and immigration legal services. These services are delivered professionally, caringly, in multiple languages, and often in partnership with other organizations and parishes.
- We serve individuals and families on behalf of the Catholic community.
- 60 professionals (not volunteers) provide the services in 21 languages.
- 60% of the staff is bi-lingual. Many staff are bi-cultural. The agency has a wealth of language resources. Some staff are even multi-lingual.
Serving as responders for individuals and families facing adversity, we provide strategic assistance that has measurable outcomes – and that is focused on each client’s unique circumstances.
- We provide access to resources that can result in stable living situations, adequate employment and thriving, well-functioning families – e.g., long-term stability.
- Our decision-making is individualized per client.
- Benchmarks for success are set, and results are tracked.
- Our clients know they are not alone.
While our work with clients is confidential, our operations are transparent. We are accountable stewards of philanthropic resources.
- Over 88 percent of funds go directly to client services.
- Our effectiveness and efficiency are confirmed through national accreditation by the Council on Accreditation since 2005.
Driven by faith, we believe that we serve God by serving our neighbor. Though “Catholic” is in our name, we serve people of every faith.
- Every person deserves to be respected, treated with dignity and fairness, and enabled to thrive.
- We provide help and create hope, regardless of a client’s background or religion.
- We serve others as Jesus Christ instructed us to do.
- We do this not because they (our clients) are Catholic but because we are Catholic.