Free Encouragement and Emotional Support Service
Hi, I’m Sister Hope. How can I help?
Learn More About Sister Hope:
REAL FEEDBACK FROM USERS:
- “I like the encouragement and support I am getting. It is good to think positive when resolving problems Self care is important”
- “The knowledge and doing something differently other than what I’m used to …. knowledge is power and you cannot change what you don’t acknowledge”
- “I have tried to reach out to others and was criticized by them”
- “It’s feels like you really care about me and understand me”
- “It’s just nice to talk to somebody that you don’t feel you are burdening with your thoughts because you are not a real person.”
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES AVAILABLE
Mental Health Counseling
Catholic Charities Atlanta’s Counseling Services offers individual, couples, family, children, and adolescent counseling/therapy provided by highly qualified, professional therapists. Problems that are routinely addressed and resolved include:
- Family and Couples Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Children/Adolescent Counseling
- Parenting Classes/Workshops
- Information and Referral for child/family:
- School system
- Health services (medical, dental, and mental health resources)
For appointments and referrals, please call our client intake line at (404) 920-7745. (English and Espanol). Our mental health counselors meet clients at locations throughout metropolitan Atlanta.
Play Therapy for Children
Play is a child’s way of communicating, just as adults use words. Play Therapy encourages an open and voluntary communication, reducing stress and building trust. Children learn to regulate their emotions as their self-esteem is elevated. This open communication fosters learning while promoting acceptable behavior and creative problem-solving. Play Therapy is a creative and healthy way to foster critical development in your child. Through play, children learn to:
- express feelings in a healthy way
- modify behavior
- develop problem-solving skills
- improve self-esteem
- relate to others in a healthy way
For more information about our Play Therapy services, please download flyer.
Fees and Privacy
Catholic Charities Atlanta provides counseling services to anyone for whom outpatient treatment is the right choice, using a sliding fee scale based on annual household income and household size. CCA strives to make sure that finances are not an obstacle to clients receiving services.
Clients of Catholic Charities Atlanta are protected by the confidentiality requirements of federal law, specifically HIPAA (the Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).