“This program has changed my life for the better. I was motivated to take care of myself and give my daughter a better life. We have overcome struggles that couldn’t have without the support and advice from this program. I have learned a lot about being a parent, as well as the importance of taking care of oneself. I am on a great path now.” -Megan from College Park, Ga
Parenting Support Services
Parent Talk is an intensive parenting education program. Our professionally trained staff makes monthly home visits to teach parenting skills and to offer support, counseling, and information and referrals. In addition to the in-home parenting education services, CCA staff also refer clients as needed for:
- Counseling Services
- Information and Referral
- Case Management/Service Coordination
- Child/Family Assessments (IFSP)
- Child Development Screenings
- PSFF Supportive Services
- Transportation (MARTA only)
To participate in the program:
- The parent is pregnant or have a child 24 months of age or younger in the home.
- Potential clients are referred by DFCS Family Preservation, Juvenile or Family Court.
- Clients live in Fulton, Dekalb, Cobb, or Douglas counties.
Baby Supply Closet
We provide immediate help to new moms by giving them much needed baby supplies including diapers, baby wipes, clothes, and grocery gift cards for baby food.
You can help support this vital resource for struggling moms join with your friends to host a “baby shower” to collect much needed baby items for our Baby Supply Closet. Your financial support goes a long way to help local moms in need.